Camp Baby Shower

My college roommate is expecting her first baby this Fall, and last month a group of her grilfriends, Caroline and I threw her a baby shower. Her baby’s nursery is Colorado Mountain themed, and she mentioned that if we wanted to somehow tie that into the shower she would love it, so we went with a camping themed shower. There were 8 hosts of this shower, so we pretty much divided and conquered and trusted that it would all come together. I’m not the best at letting go of the little details, but with a group this big I had no choice. And honestly? It was awesome. No stress, everyone focused on their couple tasks really well, and everything came together nicely. We hosted the shower at my mom’s house – she has a great house for parties so people can spread out, lives about 45 minutes closer to the mom-to-be and other party guests than I do and her house is pretty much setup already for a camping theme party, so it worked. I took a few pictures of the food and drink table and then I stopped. But it was cute, so I figured I’d share. Also, I broke my DSLR while we were in Hawaii, so all these pictures were taken with my aging iPhone. So, there you have it…

As for decor, Caroline and I pretty much used what we had. Between the two of us we have quite the collection of serving pieces. We used a lot of galvanized metal, wood pieces and tones and white servingware. I know that professionals like all white, but have you been camping? It’s mix and match and use what you have, so we rolled with it.

camping baby shower

My mom and I both have mini spruce Christmas trees in galvanized pots (both IKEA Christmas finds a few years back) that we dug out of our Christmas bins for the party and they went perfectly with the camp theme.

camp themed baby shower

Food was all divvied up and everyone did their own thing. The grandmas to be provided sandwiches and fruit, I made pigs in a blanket and provided the beverages, Caroline made a big pasta salad and we had a veggie tray.

camping baby shower food table

We used real plates and silverware. Mostly because I have an aversion to plastic flatware, but also because Caroline has lots of white plates and we liked the idea of classing camp up with real plates and utensils.

camp baby shower food table

One of the hosts took on dessert and she did it up. S’mores cupcakes topped with little hershey’s pieces and graham crackers. They were delicious. One of my most vivid memories of college with my roomie was sitting and eating chocolate covered s’mores (she worked at a chocolate shop during the summers and always brought some goodies up to school with her for our long days of Rush Camp) late at night during Rush Camp every August while we caught up on our summer antics (since I spent my college summers in Maine and these were pre-high speed internet, texting and unlimited minutes days, we had lots of crushes, romances, heartbreaks and perhaps a skinny dipping story or two we always needed to catch-up on. So it was very fitting that we had S’Mores cupcakes at Brie’s shower.

smores cupcakes

Another one of the hosts was in charge of setting up a build-your-own trail mix bar. It was super cute. And delicious. I may have snuck a few {handfuls of} Chocolate covered raisins during the setup. camp baby shower trail mix bar

Out on Caroline’s back porch we setup the drink station with mason jars for everyone to drink out of. Water, lemonade and iced tea in drink dispensers and mimosas for the non-Mama’s to be at the shower. drink station camp baby showerSo, that was Brie’s Camping Baby Shower. She’s surrounded by a huge group of people who love her, and we’re all so excited to meet her sweet boy in just a matter of weeks.

Comments

1. This baby shower is so awesome! I’m reminded of when you hosted mine, five (!) years ago. You were the best hostess–and clearly still are! Xo.

2. I love this shower theme so much – I think my favorite part is that red and black checked tablecloth. And the chalkboard (clearly) and those lighted trees (I kicked myself for not picking one up for the barn last year). So basically, I love it all.

3. Day ago i read some amazing info about Omega 3 stuff and now i really wanna buy it. But i need a quality, some premium omega 3 fish oil. I’ve got this carlson omega 3 . What do you think about this Carlson brand?

4. Day ago i got some amazing info about Omega 3 foods and now i really wanna get it. But i’m not 100% sure which benefits will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and now i want to get it with best price. Any idea?

5. Yesterday i read some amazing info about Omega 3 stuff and now i really wanna get it. But i’m not really sure which benefits will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and now i wanna buy it with lowest price. Any idea?

6. Yesterday i got some amazing info about Omega 3 foods and now i very wanna buy it. But i’m not really sure which benefits will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and currently i wanna get it with good price. Any idea?

7. Yesterday i got some shocking info about Omega 3 stuff and now i very wanna get it. But i’m not 100% sure which pluses will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and now i want to buy it with good price. Any idea?

8. CarolynWed says:

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM package “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 3.0”:
    captcha breaking of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another subtypes of captchas,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can connect XEvil 3.0 to all most popular SEO/SMM programms: XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other programms.

Interested? There are a lot of introducing videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    Good luck!

XRumer201708

9. CarolynWed says:

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM software “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 3.0”:
    captcha recognition of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captcha,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can connect XEvil 3.0 to all most popular SEO/SMM programms: XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other software.

Interested? There are a lot of introducing videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    Good luck!

XRumer201708

10. CarolynWed says:

Absolutely NEW update of SEO/SMM software “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
    captchas recognition of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captcha,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).

Interested? You can find a lot of demo videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    Good luck!

XRumer201708

11. Day ago i read some shocking info about Omega 3 stuff and now i really wanna buy it. But i’m not absolutely sure which pluses will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and currently i want to purchase it with lowest price. Any idea?

12. CarolynWed says:

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM package “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
    captcha solution of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another subtypes of captchas,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).

Interested? You can find a lot of impessive videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    See you later 😉

XRumer201708

13. CarolynWed says:

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM software “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
    captcha recognition of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captcha,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can connect XEvil 3.0 to all most popular SEO/SMM software: XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other programms.

Interested? There are a lot of introducing videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    See you later!

XRumer201708

14. CarolynWed says:

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM software “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil 3.0”:
    captcha solving of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captchas,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can connect XEvil 3.0 to all most popular SEO/SMM software: XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other software.

Interested? There are a lot of impessive videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    See you later!

XRumer201708

15. Yesterday i read some interesting info about Omega 3 foods and now i really wanna buy it. But i’m not 100% sure which pluses will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and currently i wanna get it with lowest price. Any idea?

16. CarolynWed says:

Absolutely NEW update of SEO/SMM package “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
    captcha breaking of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captchas,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).

Interested? There are a lot of demo videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    You read it – then IT WORKS!
    See you later 😉

XRumer201708

17. Yesterday i got some shocking info about Omega 3 stuff and now i really wanna buy it. But i’m not really sure which pluses will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and currently i want to get it with best price. Any idea?

18. Yesterday i got some cool info about Omega 3 stuff and now i very wanna get it. But i’m not 100% sure which benefits will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and now i want to purchase it with lowest price. Any idea?

19. Yesterday i got some cool info about Omega 3 foods and now i very wanna get it. But i’m not really sure which benefits will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and now i wanna get it with best price. Any idea?

20. Day ago i read some shocking info about Omega 3 stuff and now i really wanna buy it. But i’m not absolutely sure which pluses will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and now i wanna purchase it with lowest price. Any idea?

21. Yesterday i read some shocking info about Omega 3 foods and now i really wanna get it. But i’m not really sure which pluses will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and currently i want to buy it with lowest price. Any idea?

22. Day ago i got some amazing info about Omega 3 stuff and now i very wanna buy it. But i’m not absolutely sure which benefits will i have. I’ve found this omega 3 info , and now i wanna purchase it with best price. Any idea?

23. Day ago i got some amazing info about Omega 3 stuff and now i very wanna buy it. But i’m not absolutely sure which pluses will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and currently i want to get it with lowest price. Any idea?

24. Yesterday i read some amazing info about Omega 3 foods and now i really wanna buy it. But i’m not really sure which benefits will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and now i want to get it with best price. Any idea?

25. Day ago i read some interesting info about Omega 3 foods and now i very wanna get it. But i’m not really sure which pluses will i have. I’ve got this omega 3 info , and now i want to purchase it with good price. Any idea?

26. Some time ago i read new cool info about Omega 3 foods and now i very wanna get it. But i want a quality, some premium omega 3 fish oil. I’ve got this premium omega 3 fish oil link. What do you think about Carlson brand?

27. Yesterday i read some cool information about Omega 3 stuff and now i very want to get it. But i need a quality, only premium omega 3 fish oil. I’ve got this premium omega 3 fish oil url. What do you think about this name?

28. My friend and I went camping the other day. It was a horrible experience, as he wouldn’t let me sleep all night. He kept talking about random things and complained about his insomnia. I totally told him to link and deal with it.