Just a little update post to get all these memories and thoughts out in writing.
- We’ve made two fun friends in our new neighborhood with boys’ Thomas’s age. I was a little worried when we moved that we wouldn’t have the access to kids our kids’ ages because the neighborhood’s a little older, but my worries have been put to rest. Anyway, we have a standing Wednesday neighborhood playgroup now, and this week one of the mom’s suggested moving it to our local pumpkin patch. I was hesitant and almost RSVPd no because we have ALWAYS made the pumpkin patch a family activity. But? Mr. B is just a little bit busy these days. Class two nights a week for his 2nd Master’s, extra long work hours to help with recovery from the flooding in Boulder last month, and his volunteer obligations have pretty much packed his schedule. So, after running it by B, we decided we’d go and enjoy the beautiful day, grab a few pumpkins, and if we have time to go as a family next week we will, and if not, at least the kids will have been. Our local pumpkin patch has quite the view. And bounce house pumpkins. And farm animals. And everything but the pumpkins is free. So it’s pretty much Fall heaven in Colorado. We had the whole patch to ourselves Wednesday morning with our friends, and it was awesome.
- So our beautiful Fall weather pumpkin patch trip was this week on Wednesday. Just last Friday, we woke up to snow. T loved it, Nell was not so sure she was ready for the cold. Gotta love Fall in Colorado.
- My 20 week ultrasound is next week, and we are 99.9% sure that we will not find out the sex of McKiddle #3, just as we didn’t with Thomas and Nell. But I have to say, I’m way more tempted this time around. I have absolutely no inkling about this baby’s sex…I would have been shocked if Thomas had been a girl, and while I wasn’t as certain that Nell was a girl as I was that T was a boy, I had a strong enough inkling. So far, no inkling at all with this one – which I know will make the delivery so much fun. But also, makes that 20 week possibility of finding out so much more enticing. Not to mention, since we have absolutely no names for either sex, it would give us 20 weeks to discuss at least just one half of the baby name list. So, that’s that. We’ll probably not find out. Unless you all can convince me otherwise in the next few days
- On the baby name topic. Thomas/Tom, Nell and ____??? I’ve been doing the “How does it sound/look on a Christmas card?” test since I found out I was pregnant, and we’re drawing a blank. Well, I have one boy’s name I think is perfect, but B doesn’t like it. We have a girl’s name we’d love to use as a middle name, but don’t like the way it sounds with any first names that appeal to us. Thomas might get a brother or sister named Peyton Manning McKevitt by default. If you have the perfect boy or girl name to fit our Tom, Nell & _______ Christmas card, feel free to cast your vote. Decisions will be made (as required by Colorado state law) within 10 days of this baby being born in March.
- And finally, one of my current favorite pictures: Nell, covered head to toe, in (thankfully non-toxic) finger paints.
So that’s life around here lately.