It’s my birthday. Happy birthday to me. Because I have to share my birthday with a holiday and the busiest time of the year, and because my birthday is overshadowed by friends and family nursing hangovers and watching football rather than celebrating ME, I boycott New Year’s Resolutions. Instead I make goals for a new year of my life. But I’ll spare you those, we’ll just take a look at how I did with shooting for the stars in December and lay out some goals for January.
Paint the guest room.
2) Continue my running schedule and
run in the Resolution Run with the fam on New Year’s Eve.
Don’t cry over how to split up Christmas between the two families. Tears were shed, but not over splitting up Christmas – more over my family forgetting that I existed and having Christmas without us. But can you really blame them? With two new people in our family, they were probably just confused as to how many people are actually in the family. Just kidding, Mom, I’ve totally let it go…sort of.
Send out Christmas Cards
Make my mom’s famous Christmas cookies and send them to friends.
1. Take the budget one step further by using the envelope system.
2. Workout 5 days a week.
3. Run in the Quicker Quaker 5K at the Oatmeal Festival. Yes, we have an Oatmeal Festival. Gotta love Colorado.
4. Get my split ends trimmed.
5. Start planning our 1 year anniversary trip.
6. Take a vitamin everyday.
7. Tackle my closet.
8. Make a household items/clothing donation pile for neighborhood pick-up in February.
9. Organize the crawl space in our basement for all holiday storage items.
10. Make an upholstered headboard for the master bedroom.